Age Concern creates Heyday brand for grown-up baby boomers
LONDON - Age Concern is to launch a standalone membership brand called Heyday in an attempt to target the 1960s baby boomers and protest generation, who are now mostly in their 50s.
The charity has created the separate identity to better target the middle-aged and focuses on the ethos of protest in the 1960s, urging the group to reassert their influence in the modern world.
A spokeswoman for Heyday, which launches in spring next year, said: "This is looking at the over-50s and will be a membership scheme offering a variety of discounts and offers with partners."
She added this is set to have a focus on the financial sector.
Age Concern has hired Three Monkeys to handle PR for Heyday and is understood to be looking for an advertising agency. Also planned is direct marketing work and a website is in development in conjunction with IBM.
Gordon Lishmam, Age Concern's director general, said: "What is appealing and helpful to a 55-year-old may not be appropriate for a 75- or 90-year-old. We have developed Heyday to better serve all older people."
He added it was also vital to target this group because many problems experienced in later years stem from this time.
Latest Age Concern research shows that around half of those over 50 believe they are being ignored by marketers and more than half believe that the portrayal of older people in the media is too negative.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London