MindShare lands £10m international work for Tourism New Zealand
LONDON – Tourism New Zealand has awarded MindShare its international media planning and buying account, with work covering the UK, North America, Japan and Australia.
MindShare pitched against MPG and the incumbent, Walker Media, for the UK account, which is worth almost £3m. It was up against MPG and Round 2 in North America, Yomiko in Japan and Mitchell & Partners in Australia.
George Hickton, Tourism New Zealand chief executive, said: "The appointment of MindShare across all our markets will ensure we have greater consistency in the delivery of our brand across the world, and access to valuable market research."
The Tourism New Zealand ad account is handed by MindShare sister WPP Group agency JWT and New Zealand hotshop the Assignment Group. They won the estimated £16m business in October after a review that also included Omnicom Group's Colenso BBDO, DDB and Whybin\TBWA and Publicis Groupe's Saatchi & Saatchi.
Separately, MindShare Asia Pacific has just been awarded Media Agency of the Year for the third consecutive year by Media Magazine.
Media agency Mitchell & Partners New Zealand has been retained by Tourism New Zealand as the global media director.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire