Teenage Cancer Trust plans spring schools activity
LONDON – Charity Teenage Cancer Trust has teamed up with CosmoGirl and teen marketing agency Dubit on a nationwide fundraising and awareness initiative directed at schools, which it hopes will raise more than £500,000.
Secondary school and college students are being asked to participate in a "wear your own clothes day", planned during the week of March 27, and contribute £1 to the charity, which will finance new specialist cancer units for teenagers across the UK.
The charity has secured the support of the Department for Education & Skills in spreading its message in schools.
Awareness of the initiative is being raised by CosmoGirl, and Dubit is handling the marketing side. It has created a website, allowing teachers to find out more and children to print out a petition urging their school to take part.
Simon Davies, TCT chief executive, called the project a great way to raise funds and at the same time educate the age group about cancer.
"Working with Dubit and CosmoGirl has allowed us to reach a great number of teenagers and they have each brought a great deal to this partnership," he said.
Dubit runs the DubitCard scheme, which provides discounts and special offers from companies such as Pizza Hut and cinema chain Vue to around 300,000 11- to 18-year-olds. It is hoping to sign up an additional 200,000 cardholders by giving schools the chance to find out more about the scheme.
CosmoGirl has given a page in its current issue to the campaign and is also featuring it on its website and text newsletters. Editor Celia Duncan said the March issue will focus on charity work and has promised to feature the school that raises the most money in a later issue.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London