Students compete in Young Persons Railcard DM competition
LONDON - Direct marketing students are being invited to take part in a competition to devise a campaign for the Young Persons Railcard.
The IDM has announced that this year's annual student competition will be to devise a detailed DM strategy for the card, which offers 16- to 25-year-olds a third-off certain fares.
Around 100 entries are anticipated, with the winning campaign standing a chance of being incorporated in the card's marketing strategy, which is handled by Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel.
The brief includes increasing the number of users, as well as journeys made by card holders.
Andrew Robertson, Young Persons Railcard head of marketing, said: "The decision to team up with the IDM for this year's competition was an easy one. Having seen the quality of the entries from previous years we're actually very excited at the opportunity to put a real brief in front of these bright young minds, many of whom have first-hand experience of the product."
The competition is now in its ninth year and was last year won by Northumbria University for a campaign for Guinness. The deadline for the 2006 competition is April 4.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Digital Production Manager ADLIB c.£35k, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol
- Brand Development Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Greater)
- Join the flagship Agency team at Blue Skies, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)