Marco Testa of Armando Testa beats WPP's Diego Masi for chairman role
LONDON – Marco Testa of Armando Testa has been named chairman of the national Italian advertising agencies association AssoComunicazione after a fierce battle against Diego Masi of WPP Group's Promotions Italy.
The chief executive of the Italian ad agency won the election vote by just one point with 87 votes against 86 votes for Diego Masi, president of Promotions Italy.
The advertising association, which was established in 1949, includes 186 companies in advertising, promotions, digital, direct marketing, media and public relations.
The election had been widely covered in the Italian press where it was billed as a battle between ad giant WPP and independent agency Armando Testa.
Armando Testa most recently developed a 12-part animated sitcom to promote coffee brand Lavazza, which ran on television channel Italia 1.
In September the agency was appointed to promote Fiat's first large version of its Punto model across Europe.
The agency has offices in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid and Brussels. AssoComunicazione is headquartered in Milan.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London