Immedia Broadcasting launches in-store radio station for Ikea
LONDON – Immedia Broadcasting, which provides live tailored radio stations for retailers, is launching a new radio station for Ikea called Ikea Live.
The station has been produced exclusively for the Swedish store and will launch in January in nine of its 14 UK stores, following a successful trial over the last few months.
Ikea Live has been designed to motivate and entertain staff and customers with entertainment and information regarding Ikea products and services.
Ikea staff are also able to interact live with the station at any time as well as enjoying music, news and sports. The station will broadcast an hour or so before the store opens until just after closing time.
The station will broadcast from Immedia Broadcasting's Newbury studios. The news coverage is taken from news feeds.
Bruno Brookes, chief executive of Immedia, said: "Ikea Live provides Ikea with a unique and powerful communication medium. Initial responses to the trial were extremely positive. Staff love the sound of the station and have taken complete ownership of it.
"As for customers, the station promotes Ikea's family spirit and demonstrates how radio can interact with people in a way no other medium can."
Immedia also produces stations for HSBC and Lloyds Pharmacy.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Designer become £33K, Central London
- Strategic Brand Manager - Premium Beverages Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£40K-£48K + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits, East Sussex/Gatwick