Marketing book to get podcast promotional drive
LONDON - Marketing consultancy Digital Media Communications is using podcasting to promote a new book aimed at digital marketers, called 'Connected Marketing: The Viral, Buzz and Word of Mouth Revolution'.
The first podcast will feature an interview with marketing expert Emanuel Rosen, who has written the foreword to the book, with nine other interviews with experts to be made available from next year.
James Kydd, brand director at Virgin Mobile, said: "If everyone in marketing read this book, which you guarantee they won't, given the number of them with heads in the sand, 100% of marketing plans would change."
DMC managing director Justin Kirby, who co-edited and co-wrote the book, said: "Connected marketing is all about connecting and collaborating with people rather than trying to command and control them.
"Practising what we preach, we are promoting the new book using various connected marketing approaches, most notably a buzz campaign featuring a series of podcast interviews with all of the book's authors and a number of other marketing luminaries from around the world."
The podcasts are available on connectedmarketing.org.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London