Finance tops cost-per-click list as dating expense rises
LONDON – Finance remains the top cost-per-click sector, with recruitment feeling the greatest pinch and dating tipped for top spot, according to research.
The data, compiled from August to November by The Search Works across the 20 most popular CPC keywords, revealed that finance is the most expensive sector with "home insurance" topping the analysis at £7.34 per click.
Despite some high fliers, the finance sector overall dropped by 8p as some keywords dropped dramatically. For example, "car insurance" was down a massive £2.82 from an original high of £6 in October.
Recruitment suffered the most out of the five key online sectors -- finance, travel, retail, recruitment and dating -- falling 12p to an average cost-per-click of 43p.
Dating was the only riser in the month of November, with overall costs going up by 10p per click.
Search Works predicts a big push in this sector over the coming months as the keyword "online dating site" jumped a massive £1.29 in November, up to £2 per click.
The search firm said that the rise in the cost of dating is down to an early push for business because the coming weeks represent a busy time for online dating.
Nick Hynes, chief executive at The Search Works, said: "It's encouraging to see that there is no major increase in the cost of pay-per-click advertising.
"However, we know that cost-per-clicks are only going to rise in price over the next year as more marketers come online -- and they will."
He added that it was vital that marketers track their campaigns along other key metrics such as return on adspend and cost-per-acquisition.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- Integrated Marketing Agency: Global Fashion Brand / £50-60k Rocket Recruitment £45,000 - 60,000 + benefits , Central London