PPL plans January launch for sports magazine
LONDON – PPL Sport & Leisure, the publisher behind all the Rugby Football Union and Wimbledon Tennis Championship programmes, is launching a sports magazine.
The Sports Journal will cover major football, cricket, rugby, golf and tennis events, time specific to when they occur in the sporting calendar.
The first edition of The Sports Journal will be available on January 20 and will cover the RBS Six Nations Championship. Throughout 2006, PPL will publish seven editions covering events including the British Open in March and Wimbledon in July.
All B5-sized issues, somewhere between A4 and A5, will be laid out in five-colour coded sections. The first section will cover the sporting event, the second teams and players, the third will go deeper into the sport, coaching techniques, rules and statistics, the fourth will focus on the the fans and venues and lastly, fun anecdotes and trivia.
Paul de Silva, business development director at PPL, said: "Sports Journal is an invaluable encyclopaedia of sport for all the family."
The magazine will contain advertising and is currently on the lookout for sponsorship deals. It is launching with a cover price of £3.50 and will mainly be subscription based and sold at events.
PPL also publishes official tournament and match day programmes for The Open Golf Championship, The England and Wales Cricket Board, Scottish Football Association, Scottish Football League and the Welsh Football Association.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Information Security Analyst BIS Recruit up to £35,000 Bupa, Share Options, Free Beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)