Bounty assembles female team for website redesign
LONDON – Mother and baby marketing company Bounty has used a team of female designers to make its website more appealing to women, after being influenced by research from the University of Glamorgan Business School.
The business school unveiled research earlier this year that showed men and women have a marked preference for websites developed by their own sex.
"The guidance we have received from the business school has been invaluable," Bounty's ebusiness director Andrew Thomas said. The company hired a female coder to work with an established female designer and account manager.
The new site uses more colour, softer lines and fewer lists, and the redesign will be rolled out to Bounty's email newsletters, also created in-house, in the New Year.
The differences are subtle but significant, according to Glamorgan Business School research fellow Gloria Moss.
"There are significant differences between sites designed by men and women. Currently a lot of design is anchored in the male paradigm and the finding of the female design paradigm has striking implications for brands targeting women," she said.
"Bounty is leading the way with this message."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London