Moss swaps lines for leaves in wholesome Virgin ad
LONDON - Cocaine model Kate Moss is to play a toned down version of her former wild-child self, drinking tea and lazing about in a baggy jumper in her first-ever speaking role as the face of Virgin Mobile.
The 31-year-old scandal-ridden supermodel, and ex-girlfriend of junkie rocker Peter Doherty, plays an altogether more wholesome tea drinking kind of girl in the ad for Virgin Mobile.
Moss, who has been plagued by recent allegations of cocaine abuse, takes a call from her agent in the spot as he talks her through the latest contract – a deal with Virgin Mobile.
The Croydon-born model, who lost three lucrative contracts after pictures of her allegedly snorting a Class A drug appeared in the Daily Mirror, has battled back from the brink of disaster since the pictures were published in October.
She has so far managed to save her Burberry and Rimmel London contracts, spent time in rehab in Arizona, and finished with her on-off lover, ex-Libertines and Babyshambles frontman Doherty.
As well as Virgin Mobile, Moss has managed to squeeze in guest editing French Vogue and was named the Best Dressed Woman of 2005 by Grazia magazine since the allegations.
She reportedly has been paid £1.2m ($2.2m) to star in the Virgin campaign, which debuts on Christmas Eve.
Virgin Mobile boss Sir Richard Branson called her "the best model in the world".
"She looks stunning and will impress people with her acting skills, comic timing and the ability to poke fun at herself," he said.
The ad, by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, was directed by Paul Hunter, the man behind the Madonna and Britney Spears video for 'Me Against The Music'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Technical SEO Specialist - £32k + benefits - chance to join leading independent media agency in heart of London! SYLEX Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG