EHS Brann targets malt whisky drinkers with Christmas mailer for Diageo
LONDON - Malt whisky drinkers are being encouraged to broaden their taste horizons in a DM campaign created by EHS Brann for Diageo.
Diageo is using the mailer to educate malt enthusiasts about its Classic Malts Selection range, which includes brands such as Talisker, Caol Ila and Knockando.
Using the theme 'choosing and giving', the mailer is based around flavour cards, featuring photography of the flavours used in the new malts, to demonstrate the aromas and flavours such as dried figs, chilli and pepper, vanilla and seaweed.
On the reverse of the cards is a detailed description of the flavour and information about which malts it can be found in.
The pack also includes a guide to choosing whiskies for different occasions, to help regular drinkers experiment and encourage them to share their enthusiasm with friends.
The mailer will be sent to members of the 'Friends of Classic Malts' global database, which comprises registered users of the malts.com website. That site is also being relaunched, by EHS Brann, to include detailed tasting notes on all Diageo's malts.
Nick Morgan, global marketing director for the Classic Malts Selection, said: "Whisky drinking revolves around the taste experience, and the wide range of malts in the Classic Malts Selection offers enthusiasts a chance to experiment with some really seductive and intriguing flavours."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London