Virgin Holidays opens its Doc Holiday Surgery for £1m campaign
LONDON – Virgin Holidays is launching a £1m ad campaign with an Elvis-like character named 'Doc Holiday', who is hoping to prescribe a cure for the post-Christmas blues.
The campaign was created by Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw, with online work by its sister digital agency Underwired.
Virgin Holidays will declare its 'Doc Holiday's Surgery Open' through national and trade press ads, radio and online media such as AOL, Sky News and the Times Online.
Doc Holiday will feature in the ads as someone to take your emotional needs on board when it comes to booking a holiday with images of everyday scenarios and activities.
Doc Holiday has a solution for being "bored senseless" with two-weeks in Dubai. "Frozen Balls?" Doc Holiday says: "Expose affected area to Florida sunshine."
All the radio ads and national display and classified press ads break from January 2. There is also an online teaser banner ad campaign leading up to the New Year.
Ginny Macklen, head of marketing communications for Virgin Holidays, said: "January is an extremely busy time for the travel industry with more people booking holidays than any other time of year.
"There are so many travel companies in the market now competing for business and advertising at this time of year, so it was important that we came up with a creative concept that touched the emotions of customers and wasn't just about advertising the lowest price."
The campaign will reach millions of listeners through key radio stations and appear in over 100 press ads through selected national newspapers.
Paul Kitcatt, creative partner at Kitcatt Nohr, said: "It's January. It's horrible outside, the Tube smells like a wet dog and your skin's gone green through lack of light plus two weeks of lard over Christmas. You need to see the doctor. But not just any old doctor. You need Doc Holiday. He'll sort you out. Brilliant."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Account Executive Lipton Fleming £22000 - £28000 per annum + Commission , London
- Account Executive AF Selection Up to £22,000, West Midlands