The Hamiltons do Christmas with the BBC
LONDON – Neil and Christine Hamilton will ring in Swindon's Christmas with a two-hour show on BBC local radio.
After moving to Wiltshire last year, the Hamiltons are locals. "National TV and radio is all very well, but to be able to talk to friends and neighbours is very special," Christine said.
BBC Radio Swindon and BBC Radio Wiltshire are to broadcast the Christmas Day 9-11am show, on which the husband and wife team will play Sixties and Seventies records and talk to celebrity friends Giles Brandreth and possibly Carol Thatcher, the recent 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here' winner.
Forced into bankruptcy after in 1999 Neil lost a libel trial he brought against Mohamed Al-Fayed, the couple have since carved out a career in the media.
They have featured in marketing campaigns for Ask Jeeves, Visit London and Hush Puppies, and have appeared on TV including Christine participating in a series of 'I'm a Celebrity ...'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire