LBC plans £100,000 quiz to run throughout 2006
LONDON – London radio station LBC is to give away as much as £100,000 a month in a new daily primetime quiz, which will run for a year from January 3, displacing its evening news programme.
Lined up to present is Gary King, a former Virgin Radio, Heart London and Capital Radio DJ, who is currently a morning host on Emap digital station Mojo.
The show will follow Iain Lee's drivetime 4-7pm slot, and is part of a revamp that includes the signing of agony aunt Anna Raeburn from January 3 and recent arrival Andy Crane as a Sunday morning presenter.
Contestants will attempt to answer as many trivia questions as possible in a minute, and have the option of gambling their final score in order to gain the chance to win more points.
The player with the most points each month will get the chance to play for the £100,000 prize.
David Lloyd, managing director of LBC, said: "The quiz concept is another bold move for a rejuvenated LBC 97.3FM, offering a real opportunity to bring in a new and fresher audience, and offering a powerful sponsorship opportunity."
The station's share of listening in London has grown over the past year from 2.2% to 2.9%.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London