Aegis says investment in media will help earnings growth
LONDON – Aegis has said that its recent acquisitions will help its financial performance remain in line with expectations, offsetting weaker than anticipated adspend growth in Europe.
In its media division, the group reported that competition in traditional media and planning continued to be intense, but it was benefiting from its investment in specialist media, communications planning and digital.
In its market research business it observed particularly good growth in the Americas and Eastern Europe.
Aegis revealed that it has spent £1.6m dealing with the unsolicited takeover approaches it received from Publicis in September and WPP in November, neither of which resulted in an offer for the company.
French investor and Havas chairman Vincent Bollore owns 25.05% of Aegis. This month he publicly ruled out a move to take control of the group, but indicated that he saw a logic in merging the media buying operations of Aegis and Havas.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais