McCann Erickson takes on Cheerios in Cereal Partners agency restructure
LONDON - Cereal Partners has shifted the Cheerios advertising account to McCann Erickson and given incumbent Saatchi & Saatchi a new global role to promote its kids-oriented brands.
Saatchi & Saatchi already handles kids' brands Honey Nut Cheerios, Cookie Crisp and Honey Stars, and will now also be responsible for all of Cereal Partners global promotions advertising, including film tie-ins such as the recent 'Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe' deal.
This will see Saatchi & Saatchi Simko in Geneva becoming the global centre for the Cereal Partners account, close to Cereal Partners headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The restructure will see McCann Erickson handle the Cheerios creative brief outside of North America. It adds the brand to a portfolio that already includes Shredded Wheat, Shreddies and the Fitnesse range.
Cereal Partners Worldwide is a joint venture between General Mills and Nestle to market breakfast cereals outside of North America.
There was speculation earlier this year that Saatchi & Saatchi could lose its US work for General Mills after the departure of 17 staff who worked on the account. However, the Publicis-owned agency hung on to the work.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London