Kate Moss' Virgin Mobile ad appears first on the internet
LONDON - Kate Moss's Virgin Mobile ad is the most anticipated event of Christmas Eve after a visit from Santa Claus, but for those who cannot wait, the spot is to appear first on the internet.
The ad has been created for Virgin Mobile by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, and features Moss in her first speaking role - with a total of eight words spoken.
The ad debuts on ITV on Christmas Eve, but fans of the supermodel, or those who are just curious to hear Moss speak, can watch the ad online.
Seeded by viral marketing specialist DMC, Virgin Mobile is capitalising on its coup in signing Moss, who is recovering from the disgrace of a cocaine scandal. The viral campaign includes a microsite where visitors can win one of five Motorola Razr V3i phones signed by Moss. She is seen using one of the phones in the ad.
The ad promotes Virgin Mobiles new pay-monthly contracts by poking fun at the fact there was much speculation about the future of Moss's modelling career, particularly contracts with brands including Rimmel, Hennes & Mauritz and Chanel, after the cocaine scandal broke in the Daily Mirror in October.
In the event, predictions of her downfall have proven unfounded. Moss reacted quickly to the media frenzy by apologising, checking in to rehab and dumping her junkie lover Pete Doherty. As well as the new Virgin Mobile deal, reported to have earned Moss £1.2m, she has hung on to contracts with Burberry and Rimmel.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Head Of Brand And Comms Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Trade Marketing Specialist - Online PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Freelance Resource Manager Nakama £40,000-50,000, London