Buycosmetics.com pushes anti-smoking mouthwash with Sophie Anderton
LONDON – Buycosmetics.com is backing the UK launch of its 'Stub Out Smoking' mouthwash spray with a £1m campaign starring model Sophie Anderton.
The independent health and beauty mail order site is using Anderton as an example of the success of the product, as the supermodel claims she has cut down from 20 a day to just five.
The spray works by making the taste of cigarettes unbearable, so the smoker can carry the spray with them and every time they crave a cigarette, can spray their mouth. Buycosmetics.com claims that most smokers will find they are down to one or two cigarettes a day within three days of using the spray.
Anderton is shown wearing a white dress with a smoke halo above her head and holding the product in her hand with the words: "Supermodel Sophie Anderton chooses SOS to quit smoking."
Users will be encouraged to 'Quit Smoking with SOS in 2006' and the best testimonial that is received by May 31 will win £10,000 cash and a day out at the British Grand Prix with Sophie Anderton.
The launch coincided with the screening of Anderton's one-off TV show 'Cold Turkey', where she took part in an experiment alongside Tara Palmer-Tomkinson to quit smoking.
SOS was developed in the US five years ago. Buycosmetics.com has the exclusive UK rights to the product.
Consumer PR has been developed by Stuart Higgins Communications, trade PR by Urban Fox Communications, over-the-counter by UKAMS and online marketing is by Blue Barracuda.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire