Buycosmetics.com pushes anti-smoking mouthwash with Sophie Anderton
LONDON – Buycosmetics.com is backing the UK launch of its 'Stub Out Smoking' mouthwash spray with a £1m campaign starring model Sophie Anderton.
The independent health and beauty mail order site is using Anderton as an example of the success of the product, as the supermodel claims she has cut down from 20 a day to just five.
The spray works by making the taste of cigarettes unbearable, so the smoker can carry the spray with them and every time they crave a cigarette, can spray their mouth. Buycosmetics.com claims that most smokers will find they are down to one or two cigarettes a day within three days of using the spray.
Anderton is shown wearing a white dress with a smoke halo above her head and holding the product in her hand with the words: "Supermodel Sophie Anderton chooses SOS to quit smoking."
Users will be encouraged to 'Quit Smoking with SOS in 2006' and the best testimonial that is received by May 31 will win £10,000 cash and a day out at the British Grand Prix with Sophie Anderton.
The launch coincided with the screening of Anderton's one-off TV show 'Cold Turkey', where she took part in an experiment alongside Tara Palmer-Tomkinson to quit smoking.
SOS was developed in the US five years ago. Buycosmetics.com has the exclusive UK rights to the product.
Consumer PR has been developed by Stuart Higgins Communications, trade PR by Urban Fox Communications, over-the-counter by UKAMS and online marketing is by Blue Barracuda.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Marketing Specialist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £33000 per annum, Coventry
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Senior Account Manager, Digital - Automotive Account Copeland Select High £30,000s, London