UBM names Hughes as chief executive of magazine business
LONDON – United Business Media has appointed former Emap finance chief Gary Hughes as chief executive of its magazine business, CMP Information.
Hughes, who was group finance director of Emap for five years until May last year, will join United Business Media later this month where he will oversee titles including Information Week, Music Week, Pulse and Property Week.
His appointment follows UBM recently selling off its automotive titles, including Exchange & Mart, to regional newspaper firm Newsquest for £50.25m in cash to focus on investment in business-to-business magazines.
David Levin, CEO of UBM, said: "Gary's impressive track record of strategic business development, coupled with his experience and knowledge of CMP Information's markets, makes him the ideal candidate to lead CMPi into its next phase of growth. I look forward to Gary also contributing his experience and expertise to the work of UBM's senior management team."
Prior to working at Emap, Hughes was group financial director at Scottish Media Group and has also held roles at Forte and Guinness. In addition, the is a non-executive director of Sainsbury's.
His appointment follows that of Henry Elkington as director of corporate development and Steve Weitzner as chief executive of CMP Media, the US publishing and events subsidiary of UBM.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £50K-£60K, London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London