Baby photos help Unilever involve Comfort Pure users
LONDON – Unilever is hoping its Comfort Pure brand will stay close to thousands of mothers this year, after sending out a million special 2006 calendars featuring baby photos.
The calendar is the product of a competition involving users of the sensitive skin variant fabric conditioner, which helped Unilever Home & Personal Care gather customer data.
The competition invited parents to send in pictures of their child, offering 12 winners the chance to feature in the calendar and one overall winner to be the Face of Comfort Pure 2006. It was supported by a Tullo Marshall Warren campaign.
Around 50,000 entries were received and Unilever noted that 40% were entered online. "It's fantastic that so many consumers have responded," Rachel Kelly, senior Comfort brand manager, said.
The calendar itself highlights that Comfort Pure is the ideal fabric conditioner for babies' sensitive skin and it makes baby clothes soft and clean with a light, subtle fragrance.
It was mailed out to 500,000 mothers and another 500,000 were distributed through Adams children's clothing stores, Huggies Starter Kits and National Childbirth Trust goody bags.
A computer desktop version of the calendar is available to download from the Comfort Pure website.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Mobile media publisher manager Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum, London