Stevie Spring quits Clear Channel for new challenge
LONDON - Stevie Spring, the chief executive of Clear Channel UK, is leaving the outdoor advertising company at the end of the month, saying she has no definite plans for the future but is looking for a big challenge.
After six years at the US media giant's UK outdoor arm, Spring may be set for a return to the ad agency community but would not be drawn on her plans.
She was managing partner of Young & Rubicam in London between 1994 and 1999, leaving shortly after it was merged with Rainey Kelley Campbell Roalfe in the summer of 1999.
Speaking about her time at Clear Channel, she said: "Working at Clear Channel has been the highlight of my career so far. I'll miss being 'her outdoors' but I'm genuinely for the next challenge."
Clear Channel has appointed an interim chief executive, Barry Sayer, to work alongside Julie France, who looks after the day-to-day business.
Sayer is the chief executive of Clear Channel Outdoor in Africa and South Africa.
Coline McConville, Clear Channel Outdoor Europe chief executive, said: "Stevie's strategic direction, passion for the business and boundless energy will be sorely missed."
The US group spun off its outdoor arm to float on the New York Stock Exchange in November.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London