Mintel acquires Cosmetic Research to expand beauty offering
LONDON – Consumer research giant Mintel has acquired Cosmetic Research, a database firm tracking luxury cosmetic and beauty product launches.
The acquisition, for an undisclosed sum, will expand Mintel's cosmetic and beauty market research offering, enabling the group to track innovative developments in the luxury beauty market to ensure mass market producers can quickly respond with their own products.
This idea, known as "fast fashion", took off in the fashion industry with low cost retailers such as H&M and Zara able to copy popular catwalk clothing designs and make cheaper variations to sell in-store.
Cosmetic Research was founded in 1970 by Jacques Bacilieri. The company has built-up a worldwide database of major new product introductions in the luxury beauty market.
Peter Haigh, chief executive of Mintel, said: "The relationship between Mintel and Cosmetic Research will provide the perfect platform to monitor global trends in the world of cosmetics and beauty."
Mintel, founded in 1972, offers consumer, media and market research.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london