SCA backs Triple Velvet launch with £15m integrated push
LONDON - SCA Hygiene Products is launching a £15m marketing initiative, which will include TV, direct mail and sampling activity, to support the launch of its new Triple Velvet toilet tissue.
The campaign will begin with a TV campaign created by Fallon, which begins airing this week.
It will feature Velvet's new animated brand icon, "Baby MD", which via special effects features a baby dressed in business suit who runs the Velvet factory. Triple Velvet toilet tissue is a new three-ply product that has a "dimpled middle layer".
Direct mail and sampling campaign will be handled by Chemistry, with major presence in large shopping centres and the chance for consumers to win a Mini soft-top car. An interactive touch test panel shopping mall activity will provide an opportunity for customers to feel the product, reinforcing the softness message.
Dieter Bocher, marketing director of SCA, said: "The new advertising and marketing activity will give our new, innovative Triple Velvet strong stand-out. It will communicate the supreme benefit of this new-generation toilet tissue with its dimpled middle layer. It looks to take consumers needs seriously, as well as making this low interest category interesting again."
The advertising and below-the-line activity is being supported by a PR campaign, managed by Haygarth, with media relations targeting trade and consumer press.
A core part of the campaign is a fund-raising initiative for Great Ormond Street Hospital, drawing on the charity's celebrity support and launching with a high-profile, nationwide, "baby"-themed competition.
In addition, a raft of national and regional media promotions is also planned.
Media planning and buying is being handled by Carat and packaging design on the new brand was handled by Tynan D'arcy.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London