IBIS Capital launches £30m investment fund for small media firms
LONDON - A £30m investment fund for small private UK media firms has been launched as part of a collaboration between investment firm IBIS Capital and a raft of senior media and finance figures.
The fund is called IBIS Media and is structured as two £15m venture capital trusts, which will make investments of up to £2m a company.
Directors of the new fund are made up of eight media industry heavyweights, including Sir Robin Miller, former Emap chairman and chief executive officer, and Gary Hughes, chief executive officer for United Business Media's CMP Information.
Together the directors have personally invested £1m and are now spending the next two months seeking further investors.
Miller, who has been named as chairman of IBIS Media, said: "Although there is plenty of private equity money available for medium-size to large UK media companies, there is still a shortage at the smaller end, a gap which we hope to help fill."
A spokeswoman added that companies across the media industry, including advertising and marketing, will be considered for investment.
David Forster, IBIS Capital founder, said: "We hope that the combination of industry, investment, analytical and corporate finance skills will enable us to build an attractive portfolio of investments and ultimately profits for our shareholders."
UK tax-paying investors can benefit from a 40% income tax rebate in individual investments of up to £200,000.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East