Regional marketing group chaired by Francis Maude seeks AIM listing
LONDON – Regional marketing agency The Mission Marketing Group is seeking a listing on AIM, which would make it the third-largest regional agency in the UK.
The AIM listing of the group, chaired by Tory Party chairman Francis Maude, will be followed by the acquisition of regional marketing agency Bray Leino for £24.5m, the group said. If Bray Leino achieves agreed growth targets, the final cash paid for the acquisition will be £32.5m.
The merger will give TheMission, incorporated in 2002, a turnover of £47.5m and a presence in Bristol, Leicester, London and Scotland.
TheMission last year acquired two Leicester-based communications agencies, Big Communications and Fuse Digital, taking on clients including Alliance & Leicester, Next, Virgin Cola, Carlsberg, Greenpeace and the British Heart Foundation.
Bray Leino is a full-service agency with a number of healthcare clients including Bausch & Lomb, Dendron, Lilly and Sanofi Pasteur MSD, and a growing PR consultancy with clients including BP and Britax.
Iain Ferguson, TheMission chief executive, said the AIM listing would give the group access to new capital and enable it to make further acquisitions of regional marketing agencies.
Ferguson, formerly chief executive officer of Euro RSCG Marketing Services, said: "We aim to build TheMission into the first super-regional agency. Economic and industrial trends favour creative, effective, cost-efficient agencies with regional and national coverage.
"TheMission can capitalise on a changing market by offering great talent and award-winning work in new and traditional media, while enjoying the benefits of a relatively lower cost base."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA