Take-up of digital radio on the rise
LONDON - More people than ever before are tuning in to digital radio, according to research published this week by the Ipsos Mori research group.
The latest figures from the Digital Audience Research Tracker, Ipsos Mori's quarterly survey of digital audiences, show that eight out of 10 adults are now aware of digital radio.
Figures also show that monthly reach for digital radio has increased from 29% to 35% over the last six months, with 62% of UK households how subscribing to digital TV. Listening via all channels increased, with 9% using the internet and 11% tuning in through DAB. However, digital TV sets remained the most popular medium, with 25% of listeners choosing this option.
David Lucas, Ipsos Media's director, said: "The most encouraging news is that of the rise in awareness. As this continues to grow, it will filter down into sales and usage and we will see an even larger increase in the impact of digital radio."
The survey showed that the ability to obtain artist and track information while listening to the radio was a major motivation for those choosing to go digital, with 24% of listeners listing this as a perceived benefit.
Lucas said: "It's a general assumption that special features in digital only apply to TV. Digital owners and broadcasters need to seize this opportunity and give consumers more reasons to go digital with their radio."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London