Morgan Stanley appoints Millward Brown to track Goldfish brand
LONDON - Morgan Stanley has appointed WPP's Millward Brown to conduct research and brand tracking for the relaunch of its Goldfish credit card.
In addition, the consumer banking group has appointed Grey London to handle its £25m advertising and DM account.
The appointment settles the US financial services company's UK marketing arrangements after a period of upheaval, which peaked last year with the departure of chief executive Phillip Purcell and chief marketing officer Phil Raskin.
This led Leo Burnett to resign the company's global advertising account after 17 years in August. The ensuing review was prolonged by Morgan Stanley's acquisition of the Goldfish credit card business from Lloyds TSB, which has doubled its number of credit card customers. The acquisition has just been cleared by the Office of Fair Trading.
The consolidation brings an end to Morgan Stanley's relationship with Tequila\London, which handled the £20m below-the-line business.
Patrick Muir, marketing director for Morgan Stanley's UK consumer banking group, said: "We are highly confident that we have assembled a team with exactly the right expertise and experience to successfully relaunch the Goldfish brand and to further build the profile of the Morgan Stanley credit card."
Morgan Stanley is seeking to develop affinity partnerships in order to grow its card business.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire