Johnson & Johnson signs global Olympic sponsorship deal
LONDON - Cosmetics and pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson has signed a global sponsorship deal to become a partner of the Olympic Games.
The deal starts at the end of the current Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games and carries on until the end of the next major event, the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
According to the International Olympic Committee, the deal will include global marketing rights involving a raft of Johnson & Johnson products, including over the counter drugs, consumer goods, medical devices and diagnostics.
It also builds on an existing domestic-only sponsorship deal between Johnson & Johnson and the IOC covering the Torino and Beijing events.
Brian Perkins, Johnson & Johnson vice-president of corporate affairs, said: "This partnership reflects a shared philosophy in caring for people. This global opportunity will enable Johnson & Johnson to provide enhanced health education, services and care to people around the world while expanding our reach in emerging markets and strengthening our business in developed areas."
This latest deal brings the number of global sponsorship partners for the Olympics to 12, with Coca-Cola, Atos Origin, GE, Kodak, Lenovo, Manulife, McDonald's, Omega, Panasonic, Samsung and Visa already signed up.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London