Johnson & Johnson signs global Olympic sponsorship deal
LONDON - Cosmetics and pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson has signed a global sponsorship deal to become a partner of the Olympic Games.
The deal starts at the end of the current Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games and carries on until the end of the next major event, the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
According to the International Olympic Committee, the deal will include global marketing rights involving a raft of Johnson & Johnson products, including over the counter drugs, consumer goods, medical devices and diagnostics.
It also builds on an existing domestic-only sponsorship deal between Johnson & Johnson and the IOC covering the Torino and Beijing events.
Brian Perkins, Johnson & Johnson vice-president of corporate affairs, said: "This partnership reflects a shared philosophy in caring for people. This global opportunity will enable Johnson & Johnson to provide enhanced health education, services and care to people around the world while expanding our reach in emerging markets and strengthening our business in developed areas."
This latest deal brings the number of global sponsorship partners for the Olympics to 12, with Coca-Cola, Atos Origin, GE, Kodak, Lenovo, Manulife, McDonald's, Omega, Panasonic, Samsung and Visa already signed up.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London