BT hires consultant to develop sports strategy for broadband TV
LONDON - BT has hired Karl Bistany as a business consultant to advise the firm on developing a strategy for its forthcoming on-demand TV platform.
Bistany is responsible for devising an overall sports proposition for BT Television Services. His remit includes acquiring sporting media rights and developing an interactive strategy.
He will report to Neville Manuel, BT Television Services's director of business development.
Bistany has more than 19 years' experience in negotiating sport broadcasting rights, especially in premium football. He advised Uefa on the Euro 2008 international TV tender process. He also has experience in new media and sports media marketing.
His arrival at BT follows a number of key appointments made to support the development and launch of BT's consumer TV proposition. They include the hiring of former Freeview general manager Lib Charlesworth, who was made marketing director.
Bistany said: "I am delighted to bring my experience in the field of global sports rights to BT and look forward to developing many sports opportunities for BT's next-generation TV service.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes