BT hires consultant to develop sports strategy for broadband TV
LONDON - BT has hired Karl Bistany as a business consultant to advise the firm on developing a strategy for its forthcoming on-demand TV platform.
Bistany is responsible for devising an overall sports proposition for BT Television Services. His remit includes acquiring sporting media rights and developing an interactive strategy.
He will report to Neville Manuel, BT Television Services's director of business development.
Bistany has more than 19 years' experience in negotiating sport broadcasting rights, especially in premium football. He advised Uefa on the Euro 2008 international TV tender process. He also has experience in new media and sports media marketing.
His arrival at BT follows a number of key appointments made to support the development and launch of BT's consumer TV proposition. They include the hiring of former Freeview general manager Lib Charlesworth, who was made marketing director.
Bistany said: "I am delighted to bring my experience in the field of global sports rights to BT and look forward to developing many sports opportunities for BT's next-generation TV service.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham