BT links with Cartoon Network for next generation TV shows
LONDON - BT has signed an innovative deal with Turner Broadcasting's Cartoon Network that will see programming and interactive content featured on the telecom giant's next-generation TV service.
Cartoon Network programme brands such as 'The Powerpuff Girls', 'Codename: Kids Next Door' and 'Dexter's Laboratory' will air on BT's nationwide TV over broadband when it launches this autumn.
To take advantage of commercial revenue oportunities, BT and Turner will also launch branded games, advertising and sponsorship around the shows.
Dan Marks, chief executive of TV Sales at BT Retail, said: "We intend to lead the way in the development of interactive services and we look forward to collaborating with Turner to exploit the opportunities afforded by our new and highly advanced platform."
BT unveiled details of its move into broadband television, giving customers access to on-demand film, music and television, last October.
The service is being claimed as a first, and is being offered to BT Broadband customers without the need for monthly subscription fees.
So far BT has signed deals with BBC Worldwide for shows including top comedies and dramas such as 'Doctor Who' and 'Extras', a film deal with Paramount as well as further content deals with National Geographic, 'Big Brother' creator Endemol, children's programming company Hit Entertainment and Warner Music Group.
Philips has already been confirmed as set-top box manufacturer, which will deliver the High Definition service, and Microsoft for the software.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London