Signs of downturn in table football sales as new-media agency productivity soars
LONDON - People working in new-media agencies appear to be playing less table football and working harder, according to research showing that productivity across the industry has improved.
Average revenue per head has leapt to £92,319, compared with between £66,792 and £78,956 in previous years, according to the New Media Agencies Financial Intelligence report.
The report looks at the finances of 35 new-media companies working across a number of different areas, such as mobile content, digital media planning and buying, and creating advertising.
It revealed that for the first time in four years, the agencies, in aggregate, had achieved an operating profit per employee instead of a loss.
Bob Willott, author of the report, said: "Only four out of 35 companies incurred an operating loss, the smallest number since our annual survey was first published in 2002."
He added that 13 of the companies had earned an operating profit in excess of £500,000.
The report found that companies working in newer areas of new media had performed the best overall when looking at profits, profit margins and other indicators. WIN, which provides technical facilities for mobile communications, came first, while iTouch, the mobile content firm, was at number two.
Oyster Partners was at number five on the list, followed by i-level, Outrider and Agency.com.
Top 10 Best Overall Performance - New Media Agencies
9= 3T Productions
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, City of London