Telegraph hands online editorial role to Bloomberg veteran
LONDON – The Telegraph Group has appointed a former global managing editor of Bloomberg, Edward Roussel, as online editorial director.
Working with editor-in-chief John Bryant, Roussel will develop the content strategy for Telegraph.co.uk, as well as news products on other digital channels including mobile phones, podcasts and Blackberries.
During 11 years at Bloomberg, Roussel held posts including global managing editor and bureau chief in London, Paris and Brussels.
He left the financial news service in 2004 and has since been working as a consultant for financial PR firm Holloway & Associates.
Murdoch MacLennan, Telegraph Group chief executive, said: "Edward has a wealth of news and commercial experience, as well as energy and insight. He is the right person to drive forward the Telegraph's distinctive and highly important online development."
The commercial side of the Telegraph's digital operations is headed by Annelies van den Belt, who joined from Times Newspapers last May.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London