Telegraph hands online editorial role to Bloomberg veteran
LONDON – The Telegraph Group has appointed a former global managing editor of Bloomberg, Edward Roussel, as online editorial director.
Working with editor-in-chief John Bryant, Roussel will develop the content strategy for Telegraph.co.uk, as well as news products on other digital channels including mobile phones, podcasts and Blackberries.
During 11 years at Bloomberg, Roussel held posts including global managing editor and bureau chief in London, Paris and Brussels.
He left the financial news service in 2004 and has since been working as a consultant for financial PR firm Holloway & Associates.
Murdoch MacLennan, Telegraph Group chief executive, said: "Edward has a wealth of news and commercial experience, as well as energy and insight. He is the right person to drive forward the Telegraph's distinctive and highly important online development."
The commercial side of the Telegraph's digital operations is headed by Annelies van den Belt, who joined from Times Newspapers last May.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London