Former FT editor Gowers joins Lehman Brothers
LONDON - Global investment banking firm Lehman Brothers has appointed Andrew Gowers, the former editor of the Financial Times, to its newly created head of corporate communications and marketing role.
Gowers, who was editor and director of the Financial Times until last November, will be responsible for raising Lehman Brothers' profile in Europe and Asia. Gowers will join the New York-based company in June as head of corporate communications, advertising, and brand and marketing strategy for Europe.
The move came after Gowers decided to reconsider his career options after nearly three decades as a journalist. He said yesterday: "I haven't taken this decision as 'let's dabble on the other side'. I've spent 25 years in journalism, I've done that, now let's do something else.
"I just had one of the very best jobs in journalism, certainly the best in financial journalism, for a number of years. It was clear to me when I left that I wanted to do something quite different."
Jeremy Isaacs, Lehman Brothers CEO for Europe and Asia, said: "Andrew brings a wealth of business knowledge to the role. Following his distinguished career in journalism, I am very pleased that he is joining us at a time when there is such momentum in the growth of our franchise, client base and brand."
Gowers is currently overseeing a review of intellectual property law devised by Chancellor Gordon Brown.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Digital Production Manager ADLIB c.£35k, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol
- Brand Development Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Greater)
- Join the flagship Agency team at Blue Skies, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)