MPG hires MTV's Rotherham as head of international
LONDON - Media Planning Group has poached Ian Rotherham, MTV Networks Europe sales and planning director, to be its new head of international.
He assumes his new role on May 1, replacing Andrew Norris, who has moved to MPG Sydney, and reporting directly to managing partners Mark Craze and Marc Mendoza.
Prior to joining MTV Networks, Rotherham was international group director at Initiative.
Mendoza said: "Ian is a great addition to the team. He has high-quality, diverse experience, having worked both media agency and media owner sides of the fence.
"His talents will help ensure MPG continues producing powerful work for its clients that truly cuts through with consumers, and that can then be translated into media markets outside the UK."
Rotherham's appointment follows those of Nylon founding partner Martin Thomas as head of strategy and The Allmond Partnership's Jim McDonald as head of broadcast.
Rotherham said: "There is a strong leadership team in place and there has been a considerable investment in talent. I relish the opportunity to play an integral role in developing the business and furthering the agency's aggressive growth targets."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)