Global battle for Unilever hots up as Mehra quits Lowe
HONG KONG - Omnicom Group has fired the latest shot in the battle for Unilever, luring Interpublic Group's Lowe Worldwide global head on the account, Asit Mehra, reports Media Asia.
It's understood Mehra, Lowe's London-based account chief and global planning director on Unilever, will head up DDB's global account in a similar position. Sources revealed to Media that Mehra's resignation was handed to network chiefs on Sunday, but added he was still attempting to negotiate a reduction of the required six-month notice period.
It remains unclear whether Mehra will be replaced, with insiders saying that Lowe's current structure, with global leaders assigned to individual brands, makes such a move unnecessary. Mehra will report to Omnicom CEO John Wren.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Commercial Product Marketing Manager - Gaming Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + Bonus and company benefits, London
- Studio and Resource Manager £30-40 Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Services Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Cheshire