Global battle for Unilever hots up as Mehra quits Lowe
HONG KONG - Omnicom Group has fired the latest shot in the battle for Unilever, luring Interpublic Group's Lowe Worldwide global head on the account, Asit Mehra, reports Media Asia.
It's understood Mehra, Lowe's London-based account chief and global planning director on Unilever, will head up DDB's global account in a similar position. Sources revealed to Media that Mehra's resignation was handed to network chiefs on Sunday, but added he was still attempting to negotiate a reduction of the required six-month notice period.
It remains unclear whether Mehra will be replaced, with insiders saying that Lowe's current structure, with global leaders assigned to individual brands, makes such a move unnecessary. Mehra will report to Omnicom CEO John Wren.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Shopper Marketing - Dusseldorf £45k Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £45k, Dusseldorf
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London