Global battle for Unilever hots up as Mehra quits Lowe
HONG KONG - Omnicom Group has fired the latest shot in the battle for Unilever, luring Interpublic Group's Lowe Worldwide global head on the account, Asit Mehra, reports Media Asia.
It's understood Mehra, Lowe's London-based account chief and global planning director on Unilever, will head up DDB's global account in a similar position. Sources revealed to Media that Mehra's resignation was handed to network chiefs on Sunday, but added he was still attempting to negotiate a reduction of the required six-month notice period.
It remains unclear whether Mehra will be replaced, with insiders saying that Lowe's current structure, with global leaders assigned to individual brands, makes such a move unnecessary. Mehra will report to Omnicom CEO John Wren.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham