Underwired unveils site for Institute of Cancer Research
LONDON – The Institute of Cancer Research is set to launch its revamped website designed by digital agency Underwired.
Underwired was responsible for completely restructuring the site, providing information architecture, usability and interface design.
The new site showcases the institute's scientific advances and raises awareness of its world-class research, while addressing the needs of a range of audiences.
Jason Hollan, who designed the institute's previous website in 1999, said: "It's always interesting revisiting a website that's been so successful for so long, in light of new audiences and communication requirements.
"We worked with some of the original team from the 1999 site design, along with a web steering group that represented each of the key audience groups, involving user group testing at various points, which had a strong bearing on the direction of the design."
He added that the new site does a complex job in a simple way, directing people to anywhere on the site in three clicks or less.
Dany Maneely, corporate publications manager at the institute, said: "The institute's website has a number of key audiences.
"Working with Underwired has enabled us to define and create a site that meets the needs of these key audiences in a simple, easy to use and stylish format."
Meanwhile, the British Medical Association plans to overhaul its website and work with Amaze and Tridion to provide better access to information.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Media Account Director - Mobile Display Advertising Digital Gurus £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Media Agency Sales Manager - Mobile RTB Ad Platform Digital Gurus £45000 - £60000 per annum + uncapped commission, London
- Agency Account Manager - Digital Advertising Digital Gurus £25000 - £30000 per annum + Commission, London
- Senior Mobile Account Manager Digital Gurus £25000 - £29000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- Account Manager - Market Research - Berkshire Stonor £35-£40K, Berkshire