Cedar hires Kenward for new business role
LONDON - Kate Kenward, former European communications manager at Tourism Australia, is joining Omnicom-owned customer publisher Cedar Communications as account director and marketing consultant.
She will be tasked with developing new business and managing two of Cedar's long-standing magazines, Nikon Pro and the Chartered Insurance Institute's The Journal.
Perth-born Kenward left the Australian tourism marketing body last year after a decade in the role.
"I probably had the best job in the world at Tourism Australia, but it was time for a new challenge and direction," she said.
Tourism Australia most recently hit the headlines when it threatened legal action over a spoof version of its M&C Saatchi-produced "Where the bloody hell are you?" ad that has itself courted controversy.
The UK's Broadcast Advertising Clearance Centre originally ruled the ad could not appear on television in this country but later rescinded its decision.
Mark Jones, Cedar communications' editorial director, said: "Kate is a first-class thinker and strategist, especially in the travel arena. All agencies need someone who can bring the client perspective to what they do. Kate will deliver that insight."
Cedar Communications' clients include Bank of Scotland, British Airways, Tesco and Heathrow Express.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham