Former BBC Three controller Murphy leaves RDF post after three months
LONDON - Former BBC controller Stuart Murphy has quit as RDF Media's creative director after only three months in the job.
Murphy, who left RDF on Friday, has not given a reason for his early departure, but there has been media speculation since he joined in January that he was unhappy in the new role.
He was absent from the Mip TV conference in Cannes last week, making him the only senior RDF executive not to attend.
RDF has so far declined to comment on the nature of Murphy's departure, which comes after he resigned as BBC Three controller last October after three years in the post.
He then became creative director at RDF, overseeing the development of its key programmes including 'Wife Swap', 'Faking It' and 'Shipwrecked'.
Murphy, who worked on some of BBC Three's most popular shows including 'Little Britain' and 'Casanova', was very outspoken when he left the corporation, saying: "I shall not miss having to listen to some bore of an MP who can't get his facts right and doesn't watch a channel, which is not even aimed at him." He was replaced by former E4 chief Julian Bellamy.
RDF has yet to announce who will be taking over as acting creative director in Murphy's absence.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London