M&C Saatchi takes lion's share of £15m TfL account
LONDON - M&C Saatchi has scooped the majority of Transport for London's £15m advertising account.
The agency, which has held the account for the past four years along with TBWA\London, won the business after beating Mother, WCRS and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
WCRS has won the brief to handle the advertising for TfL's controversial congestion charge zone extension, replacing TBWA/London.
The pitch process began last September as part of a statutory review of TfL's advertising communications policy.
The agencies were asked to pitch ideas for the upcoming awareness campaign for the controversial extension of the congestion charging zone to include Kensington and Chelsea.
M&C Saatchi is set to handle campaigns such as the teenager road safety campaign, which feature the strapline "Don't die before you've lived", showing teenagers being killed crossing the road before having the chance to embark on successful careers, although the agency has refused to comment on the details at this stage.
Campaigns warning about the potential dangers of taking minicabs at night, marketing the benefits of the Oyster card and co-promotions for visiting attractions such as the London Eye using public transport are other briefs that could be laid at M&C Saatchi's door.
M&C Saatchi launched a campaign in March entitled "You're better off by bike", which aimed to get more Londoners out of their cars and onto their bikes.
The agency also launched a multimillion-pound campaign along with Chemistry Communications called "Everyone's London" last September, which highlighted what the capital has to offer though a series of events and promotions at restaurants, theatres and tourist attractions.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Marketing & PR Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £23,500, West Sussex