Mike Collings recruits Carat Direct founder Willacy for media role
LONDON - Direct response media agency Mike Colling & Company has appointed John Willacy, founder of Carat Direct, as media manager.
Willacy's responsibilities will include handling the accounts for Which? and Early Learning Centre, as well as having input into MC&C's general client strategy, new business development and CRM.
He joins MC&C from media corporation BCA Bertelsmann, where he worked on communications planning and new customer acquisition.
At TMD Carat, Willacy co-founded Carat Direct, which handles marketing for Britannia Music, Royal Doulton and Age Concern.
Mike Colling, managing director of MC&C said: "John's expertise in delivering through-the-line advertising and marketing solutions makes him ideal for MC&C.
"He will be responsible for the management of client marketing strategies and so will play a major part in the whole direction of the business."
Willacy said: "MC&C has a great culture and a fantastic entrepreneurial atmosphere, which I'm glad to be a part of."
MC&C's other clients include Asthma UK, Ancestry.com, FilmFour and Friends of the Earth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London