Mind Lab to give specialist scientific research
LONDON - The Mind Lab.Org, a new market research company providing bespoke scientific and psychological data for the marketing services industry will launch this month.
The company says traditional opinion-based research does not adequately generate the media coverage required by marketing professionals and PR specialists.
Mind Lab says it can provide specialist scientific research across a range of fields including neuroscience, psychology, medicine and maths, by measuring subjects' psychological and emotional responses to a range of stimuli.
Founded by a team of science academics, The Mind Lab has provided in-depth studies for a range of PR agencies including, Porter Novelli, Clarion Communications and Biss Lancaster, in trials over the last year.
Dr David Lewis, joint founder of The Mind Lab, said: "This scientific approach offers PRs an extra way to add a newsworthy element to PR campaigns. In addition much of this research is highly visual and provides ideal material for both print photo stories and TV news broadcasts."
Examples test projects carried out by Mind Lab include the effects of sleep deprivation on driver awareness, the effects of colours on physical and mental responses, and developing a formula to calculate the likelihood of Sod's Law.
The Mind Lab's research team is headed by co-founders Dr David Lewis, who is a neuropsychologist and author of over 30 books, and Dr Darren Bridger, a neuroscientist and co-author of 'The Soul of the New Consumer'.
Lewis and Bridger are joined by Dr Keelan Leyser, who specialises in psychological illusion and false memory syndrome. Phillip Obayda is a mathematician who specialises in sports betting odds and finding the perfect partner.
Finally, Dr Caroline Brooker, who previously worked on Unilever's world tea and health programme, is a neuroscientist specialising in the psychoactive effects of food and drink on mood and behaviour.
Lewis added: "We are able to measure virtually every aspect of human behaviour and performance under almost any conditions, from the deserts of North Africa to the wastes of Antarctica."
The Mind Lab says it service will undercut the prices offered by traditional opinion surveys.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Analyst Direct Recruitment £42,000, Central London