IPC appoints Garrick as new style director of Livingetc
LONDON - IPC South Bank's modern homes title Livingetc has appointed Karina Garrick as its new style director.
Garrick, who began her career at Conran Associates with Sir Terence Conran, has also worked as a freelance stylist for various interior magazines, with clients including Habitat and Laura Ashley.
Suzanne Imre, Livingetc editor said: "I'm confident that [Karina] will develop the style content of the magazine and deliver the beautiful, intelligent shopping and decorating pages for which Livingetc is renowned."
The title, which also launched a TV programme on Discovery Travel & Living in February, is in an extremely competitive sector, with recent ABC figures showing that the house and home market has picked up a 6.5% increase across all titles after a slump in the autumn last year.
IPC's Ideal Home and National Magazine Company's House Beautiful currently lead the house and home market, with circulations of 245,729 and 198,112 respectively.
Livingetc, which is aimed at urbanite readers in their 30s, has a circulation of 88,285.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Copywriter - midweight to senior David Thatcher Recruitment £45-50k, London or Surrey
- Head of Art David Thatcher Recruitment £60-70k, Bristol
- Research Director - Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Senior Program Manager air recruitment Up to £75K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London