MindShare exploits Mission Impossible 3 link-up for DHL campaign
LONDON - Delivery firm DHL is to exploit its links with Tom Cruise's latest film 'Mission Impossible 3', as part of a campaign arranged by MindShare's entertainment and sports arm.
The deal through MindShare Performance follows on from the delivery firm's work on the film as its official shipping and logistics partner, providing delivery of movie sets and chartering flights for the film's producer Paramount Pictures.
The campaign involves a global advertising push, which also involves MindShare's WPP stablemates Ogilvy & Mather New York and Mediaedge:cia, called "Do How" about how DHL's staff can do "impossible things".
Edward Sharp, MindShare performance's managing director, said: "We have always believed that 'Mission Impossible 3' would be a fantastic platform for DHL to launch its new global brand campaign and together with our sister companies Ogilvy & Mather and MEC, we are helping DHL maximise the value of a partnership with one of the world's biggest and most exclusive entertainment properties."
'Mission Impossible 3', directed by 'Alias' and 'Lost' co-creator JJ Abrams, goes on public release in the UK on May 4, and premiered in London this week at an event that saw Cruise carry out his customary walkabout with fans.
The star, who spent three hours with the crowd, was taking time out of his paternity leave following the recent birth of his daughter Suri to attend the event.
The film also stars Ving Rhames, Philip Seymour Hoffman and 'Shaun of the Dead''s Simon Pegg.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Website and Ecommerce Manager Amathus Drinks £30k basic and potential O.T.E £45K , Park Royal, NW10
- Account Director - 9 month Maternity contract Gabriele Skelton £50000 per annum, Tunbridge Wells
- Innovation Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + benefits, London