Coleen McLoughlin in LG Mobile latest ad
LONDON - Coleen McLoughlin has landed a £500,000 contract to advertise LG Mobile's new touch pad slide mobile phone.
The Liverpudlian footballer's wife-to-be is now reported to be worth £6m in publishing and advertising after deals with the likes of Asda.
LG's new mobile is being dubbed the Chocolate phone and comes in a number of different models.
The 20-year-old fiancee to Manchester United football star Wayne Rooney appears in the ad dressed as a sultry secretary holding the new sleek mobile phone. Famous for her shopping, flamboyant dress sense and signature velour tracksuits the photographs are a dramatic image change.
Launched in South Korea in November last year, the LG Chocolate mobile phone sold 1,000 handsets a day for 30 days. The phone will be available in the UK from the beginning of May. LG are hoping that the new handset will power European sales growth for 2006.
An LG spokeswoman said: "Coleen was a natural choice for the launch of the LG Chocolate phone. She is stylish, everyone can identify with her."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Account Manager ADLIB £25000 - £35000 per annum, Reading