Coleen McLoughlin in LG Mobile latest ad
LONDON - Coleen McLoughlin has landed a £500,000 contract to advertise LG Mobile's new touch pad slide mobile phone.
The Liverpudlian footballer's wife-to-be is now reported to be worth £6m in publishing and advertising after deals with the likes of Asda.
LG's new mobile is being dubbed the Chocolate phone and comes in a number of different models.
The 20-year-old fiancee to Manchester United football star Wayne Rooney appears in the ad dressed as a sultry secretary holding the new sleek mobile phone. Famous for her shopping, flamboyant dress sense and signature velour tracksuits the photographs are a dramatic image change.
Launched in South Korea in November last year, the LG Chocolate mobile phone sold 1,000 handsets a day for 30 days. The phone will be available in the UK from the beginning of May. LG are hoping that the new handset will power European sales growth for 2006.
An LG spokeswoman said: "Coleen was a natural choice for the launch of the LG Chocolate phone. She is stylish, everyone can identify with her."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham