Kiss FM loses breakfast host as Bam Bam departs
LONDON – Kiss FM's breakfast show host Bam Bam has left after seven years and the station has turned to drive time host Robin Banks to stand in as it prepares for a summer relaunch.
Longstanding drivetime presenter Banks takes over immediately, but Kiss owner Emap has not indicated that he will be given the job permanently. He has already been filling in for two weeks while Bam Bam has been on holiday.
Bam Bam leaves the breakfast show with 683,000 listeners, lying third only to Capital's Johnny Vaughan and Heart's Jamie Theakston. The Kiss show is number one among 15-24 year olds.
Earlier this year his show generated interest and headlines when it ran a podcast called Faceless, providing frank confessions from an anonymous girl studying in the capital.
Kiss programme director Andy Roberts said that it was good to be able to say goodbye on a high and the station wished Bam Bam well for the future.
Roberts admitted the station is planning a number of changes and did not guarantee that Banks would stay in the slot permanently.
"Robin will do a great job as the man to wake up young London throughout the summer and the new breakfast show will be announced as part of a package of changes to refresh the station to be announced throughout this year."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Account Manager looking to step up to Account Director - retail - W1 - £40k + bens Barker Graves £45k plus bens, Central London (W1)