Kiss FM loses breakfast host as Bam Bam departs
LONDON – Kiss FM's breakfast show host Bam Bam has left after seven years and the station has turned to drive time host Robin Banks to stand in as it prepares for a summer relaunch.
Longstanding drivetime presenter Banks takes over immediately, but Kiss owner Emap has not indicated that he will be given the job permanently. He has already been filling in for two weeks while Bam Bam has been on holiday.
Bam Bam leaves the breakfast show with 683,000 listeners, lying third only to Capital's Johnny Vaughan and Heart's Jamie Theakston. The Kiss show is number one among 15-24 year olds.
Earlier this year his show generated interest and headlines when it ran a podcast called Faceless, providing frank confessions from an anonymous girl studying in the capital.
Kiss programme director Andy Roberts said that it was good to be able to say goodbye on a high and the station wished Bam Bam well for the future.
Roberts admitted the station is planning a number of changes and did not guarantee that Banks would stay in the slot permanently.
"Robin will do a great job as the man to wake up young London throughout the summer and the new breakfast show will be announced as part of a package of changes to refresh the station to be announced throughout this year."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London