Wedding theme for Britcom Confetti's online push
LONDON – 'Confetti', the new British comedy starring Jimmy Carr and Martin Freeman, is being promoted in a major online campaign and via a website that includes a Wedding-O-Matic to generate unusual wedding themes.
'Confetti' is being tipped as the next big British film hit in the mould of 'Four Weddings and a Funeral', and tells the story of three couples competing to create the most original wedding of the year. One couple go for a Busby Berkeley musical theme; another base their wedding on their love of tennis; while a naturist couple go for an all-naked wedding.
Specialist online PR agency Jam devised the campaign for Fox Searchlight, using original creative and video content to be run on sites including New Woman, The Daily Mail, Tiscali and the Sun Online.
Other websites were offered interviews with key cast members, including 'The Office' star Martin Freeman, Jessica Stevenson, best known for her role in 'Spaced', and the director Debbie Issit. Sites including BBC Movies and Channel 4 included filmed interviews, while The Guardian made its interview available as a podcast.
The agency has also created the official UK website and the quiz 'Heron and Hough's Wedding-O-Matic', which devises unusual wedding themes such as a minimalist wedding, where even the food is white, or a Woodstock wedding.
Daniel Robey, managing director of Jam, said: "Our main aim was to push relevant and entertaining opportunities to sites to achieve prominent placement and thus ensuring our PR output is firmly targeted at the core female and filmgoing audience for this hilarious British comedy."
The agency will now work on developing the international site for the film. 'Confetti' opens today May 5. Offline PR for the film is being handled by McDonald & Rutter, which also organised the world premiere on Wednesday evening.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)