Byte Night targets technology sector for homelessness charity event
LONDON - Byte Night, the 'sleep out' event organised by the technology industry to raise money for children's charity NCH, is to launch a direct mail campaign to recruit participants to sleep rough for a night.
The campaign is being handled by Byte Night supporters in the marketing and PR sector, technology agencies Banner, Kaizo and Lewis, and aims to help raise £300,000 in 2006 for NCH's homelessness campaigning.
The direct mail shots are being targeted at senior figures in the technology sector and are seen as vital to securing a target of £60,000 of corporate sponsorship and encouraging those within the technology sector to take part in the "sleep out" at Victoria Tower Gardens, London, on September 22.
Byte Night has been running for the last eight years and last year generated £250,000 through the "sleep out" as well as other fundraising activity, sponsorship and an auction. Last year's sleepover involved more than 200 sleepers.
Amy Hughes, senior corporate PR and marketing officer at NCH, said: "The camaraderie created over several years is unique and we can only continue to achieve this by building our brand and attracting high-profile sleepers."
Other communications activity for the campaign includes press and online advertising, online work, PR and promotional materials to help participants raise funds.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London