RFL hunts for sponsor with the help of online business
LONDON - The Rugby Football League has joined forces with new online business Getmemedia.com, which offers instant access to hundreds of marketing chiefs, to begin its search for a new sponsor for the Challenge Cup tournament.
The RFL is hoping to tie up a deal with a new title sponsor by the beginning of 2007, with the Challenge Cup being its priority.
The tournament, which features live matches on the BBC and relevant draws taking place on programmes such as 'Breakfast News', will culminate in front of a 92,000 capacity crowd at the new Wembley Stadium.
Launched in February by former Nestle media controller Pete Davies, Getmemedia.com has signed up a range of advertisers and agencies including ZenithOptimedia, Initiative, MindShare and MediaCom.
Paul Kimberly, commercial director at RFL, said: "You need to inform the marketplace that the Challenge Cup is available for sponsorship and provide potential sponsors with enough information to make informed decisions.
"Using Getmemedia.com allows us to announce our search for a sponsor to hundreds of marketing and agency decision-makers while simultaneously providing them with the information they need to decide if the opportunity is right for them."
Davis said: "Having worked for a major advertiser, I understand how companies with great marketing ideas struggle to get seen.
"I am delighted the RFL has chosen Getmemedia.com to launch its search for a sponsor for the Challenge Cup."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London