VNU to overhaul senior management even if buyout bid fails
LONDON- ACNielsen owner VNU is to make top level management changes even if a €8.7bn (£6bn) buyout bid for the market research giant fails.
Shareholders are now considering the bid by the buyout group Valcon, which is being backed by VNU's supervisory and executive board.
But in a statement that clarifies comments made at last month's extraordinary general meeting, VNU said: "In the event, Valcon's offer for VNU is not successful, the company confirms that, in line with statements made at the April 18 extraordinary general meeting, changes to the composition of the supervisory board and executive board are likely, but no formal decisions have been made in that regard."
"VNU emphasises that, under such a scenario, the supervisory board and executive board would continue to fulfill their fiduciary obligations and take proper steps to ensure an orderly transition to new leadership."
Valcon members include Alpinvest, Blackstone, Carlyle KKR, Hellman & Friedman and Thomas Lee. The group's latest offer is an improvement on a initial €7.5bn bid that was rejected earlier this year.
Shareholders are expected to make a decision on the new offer by May 19.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London