VNU to overhaul senior management even if buyout bid fails
LONDON- ACNielsen owner VNU is to make top level management changes even if a €8.7bn (£6bn) buyout bid for the market research giant fails.
Shareholders are now considering the bid by the buyout group Valcon, which is being backed by VNU's supervisory and executive board.
But in a statement that clarifies comments made at last month's extraordinary general meeting, VNU said: "In the event, Valcon's offer for VNU is not successful, the company confirms that, in line with statements made at the April 18 extraordinary general meeting, changes to the composition of the supervisory board and executive board are likely, but no formal decisions have been made in that regard."
"VNU emphasises that, under such a scenario, the supervisory board and executive board would continue to fulfill their fiduciary obligations and take proper steps to ensure an orderly transition to new leadership."
Valcon members include Alpinvest, Blackstone, Carlyle KKR, Hellman & Friedman and Thomas Lee. The group's latest offer is an improvement on a initial €7.5bn bid that was rejected earlier this year.
Shareholders are expected to make a decision on the new offer by May 19.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire